Monday, July 12, 2010

COMIC-CON APPEARANCE!

Before Zuda went belly up, Mike, David and I were all looking foward to this year's San Diego Comic-Con and spending some quality time at the Zuda booth inside the DC booth on the main floor. I remember going last year and saying high to some of the Zuda creators and feeling envious and thinking "Next year, that's gonna be me..."

And then...it was!

And then it wasn't.

Still, the plans were all made and the tickets were secured a long time ago so all three of us will still be going to Comic-Con, we just won't really have anywhere to sit. Not over at the DC Booth anyway.

However...on Friday morning I will be putting in an appearance at the Digital Comics panel! Check it out:

11:30-1:00, Friday July 23rd Comics Arts Conference Session #6: Digital Comics— Nick Langley (Rocket Llama) gives a brief history of webcomics and evaluates online economic experiments from subscriptions to micropayments. Neil Granitz and Steven Chen (CSU Fullerton) examines consumer attitudes toward comic book digitization and argues that comics could enjoy a period of technological convergence due to the hedonic qualities enjoyed by readers. David B. Olsen (Saint Louis University) explores the implications of moving comics from the page to the screen and considers the ways in which print comics have always been multimedia. Room 26AB

Reason you don't see my name up there is because I'm such a late addition. Nick Langley of Rocket Llama asked me to participate with him in the first part of panel dealing with the economics of webcomics. I think it's fair to say I was asked to help out based on my Zuda experience. I've been told there will be a Q&A portion, so if you're gonna be there...bring it. If nothing else, stop by and say hi.

Also, I'll have a limited supply of SuperFogeys Vol. 1 (created, written and drawn by me--yes, the writer can draw) for sale if anyone is interested. (No hard sale here, they'll be in my bag unless you ask.)



Hope to see you there!

More later.

Brock

2 comments :

Rocket Llama said...

Looking forward to speaking with you at the panel! I have asked the con organizers to add your name to the panel description. We'll see if they get around to updating it or not.

Brock said...

Awesome! Thanks, Nick!

Post a Comment